Friday, November 9, 2007

Yay!

Kyle's on a sweetness kick!:) First he suggested pumpkin pie, which I feared may have been ruled as a 'Thanksgiving Only' treat, and then this morning he said the magic words: "Let's go out for dinner tonight";) Needless to say, being a new cook with a small menu, I love going out to eat! As much as I like cooking, I do get very sick of my own cooking since it's so limited. Trying new recipes is always fun, but can get expensive when you have to buy all the ingredients, and may or may not use them ever again. So I have to experiment wisely;-p Going out for dinner is a huge treat for me now:) So on the way to Lancaster, we're going to stop in Valencia for dinner. Our friend Alex recommended 'Souplantation,' which I've never been to, but their menu looks yummy!:) Maybe we'll go there:) I'm up for trying something new:)
Speaking of trying something new, today I figured out that Kyle's henley shirts look better on me than my own henley shirts do. How does that work? :-? I think it may be because my henleys are too snug to be worn by themselves. Looser fits my look better. I've seen "the boyfriend shirt" in catalogs and such - it's just a guys size shirt, sold in the girls' section, lol. I thought they looked cute and comfy (but are probably much cheaper in the guys' section). Maybe that's why I like Kyle's shirts better, lol. Anyway, so today I look like I'm wearing a 'boyfriend shirt'...except I guess it would be a 'husband shirt':)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about eating out.. Its a nice treat for us now that we have Amelia. When we were first married I cooked basically the same things pretty often. I was afraid of experimenting to much. So I got sick of my cooking quickly as well. I have quite a few treat (healthy treats too) recipes and dinner recipes that use only a few ingredients, if you'd like I would be more than happy to share them with you.

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm glad your going to Souplantation, I think you'll like it, it's a healthy alternative for date night;). We love it. I can't wait for you to blog about it;).