Sunday, May 18, 2008

And The Count-Down Begins!

Well, the Count-Down to our move has officially begun! The "official-ness" is only signified by the presence of a count-down on my MySpace page, but hey, it gets me excited:) It's like an advent calendar;) Actually, it is very much like an advent calendar, in the sense that it gets half of me excited, and makes half of me think, "Oh no! I have way too much to do between now and then!" This move is going to be quite a crazy transition. Kyle has his last final exam on June 11th, graduates on June 13th, takes the CBEST test (so he can substitute teach while working on his credential) on June 14th, and (hopefully) begins summer classes at CSUB on June 16th. Needless to say, that is going to be a busy week! I'm glad we found out how crazy the weekend is going to be, ahead of time. If I know it's going to be crazy, I can prepare for it;) So, as of yesterday I have started packing up thing that we won't be needing between now and the move. I have also started to deep clean our apartment, so that when we move out, the final cleaning will be easier. I recently discovered the amazing-ness of bleach, and am pretty sure that by the time we are out of here, this apartment will look like new;) Bleach pens for dirty grout, bleach water to soak the sinks, bleach powder to scrub the toilets...I love now they put in all white tile, toilets, shelves, etc;) Unfortunately I can't do all that until the last minute. I'm sure anyone who has a kitchen knows how quickly grout can turn grungy again. Another thing I love about bleach is that the bugs who generally invade our place on a daily basis have taken to hiding. Apparently they don't like extreme cleanliness. Aside from wishing I could actually exterminate them, I don't mind if they just hide until we're gone. Anyway, the move is slowly, and quickly, approaching and we're anxious, in both senses. In the mean time, we're keeping busy trying to prepare for all the craziness ahead. Pray that it goes smoothly!

No comments: