Thursday, November 20, 2008

WOW! Time for an update!

So, so much has been happening lately that I've hardly had time to update everyone on what's been happening! So I guess it's about time I did...

Well, for anyone who doesn't know what our situation has been for the last 5 months, we've been living with my parents while we saved up money to get into our own place. I have been working out at the air force base, and Kyle has been working on his teaching credential. A few months ago, we were finally able to buy Kyle a car, a 2002 Mazda Protege named Rowdy (seen Scrubs?). He takes very good care of Rowdy, to the point that it wouldn't surprise me if the car out-lives the stuffed dog (see Scrubs). Anyway, lol, about a month ago, Kyle began substitute teaching on his not-so-full days. It's been an interesting experience for him, but he's been doing great, and has been asked for his 'sub number' so that he can be requested next time a substitute is needed:)
I suppose I should include some updates about me too. Well...hmm...I've hardly had time to do much worth updating about! lol. I've been on a pretty crazy schedule. My work hours vary from week to week, and sometimes even from day to day. I may have to get up at 2am, or I may get to sleep in as long as I like - problem is, the early mornings are far more frequent than the late ones, so there's little to no chance of me sleepng past 8am, even if I were allowed to sleep until 2pm! Unfortunately, my varying work schedule hasn't left me the option of being consistently involved in much of anything. Two out of three weeks I'm involved in the youth group at church. One Sunday a month I work in the nursery. Every couple of Sundays I sing on the worship team. And every once in a blue moon I hang out with people that I would really love to see far more often than I do! It often feels like I'm busy, busy, busy, yet don't get anything done. On the other hand, I have been thoroughly enjoying being involved in some longer term activities that don't require weekly attendance. For example, in early December I will be decorating and hosting a tea table at our church's ladies' Christmas Tea:) I am having way too much fun with that, and probably spending way too much money on it, but I am really enjoying it. It's also been great getting to know some of the other ladies in the church through all the random exchanges of ideas:) One bit of excitement I experienced lately was receiving my first real tea set:) It's not commonly known, but I've always loved teacups, and have wanted to collect them, but didn't know where to start or where to find them. Then my mom took me to Belladonna's to seek out some inspiration. If I weren't in love with teacups before, I still would be now, haha. I fell completely in love with a beautiful tea set. It was a warm white color, with cozy looking snowmen all over it, with bits of holly, and tiny red cardinals scattered amongst them. Gold edging, and slightly scalloped edges gave it a graceful elegance, while the snowmen gave it a bit of cutesy charm:) It simply begged to be taken home and used to share tea or cocoa in a cozy corner with a friend. But it costed a pretty penny...actually, several. So, on the shelf it stayed...I kept wanting to go back and look at it, like a little girl staring at a doll in a shop window, and felt silly. I kept trying to think of other ideas for my Christmas tea table - perhaps ones that would not cost so much. Then on Sunday my mom brought me a big gift bag, seemingly out of nowhere. My first thought was, "Whose birthday is it?" lol. She said it was for me! (moi? ^_^) In the gift bag was the snowman teapot and two teacups and saucers!:) I was super excited, and of course showed them to Kyle as if it were something that he would be terribly excited about too (silly me, hehe). I felt like a little girl, anxious to invite a friend over for tea with my new tea set, and yet felt very much grown up, having received my first REAL tea set. Then my mom said, "There's two more bags in your room." I was shocked, "You didn't buy the whole SET did you?!?" She said, "Well you need to sit six people at your tea table, right..?" :-o Like a little kid, I jumped up and raced to my room to find a sugar bowl, creamer pitcher, four more teacups and saucers, and six dessert plates. The whole set!!! It felt like Christmas, doubled. I'm not even kidding, it's like a $200+ tea set. My parents said that they were going to get it for me for Christmas, but knew that if I didn't have it for the Christmas Tea, then I would go out and buy a cheap set that I didn't actually want, just to decorate a table. So they thought about making it an early Christmas gift, but knew they would only find something else to get me for Christmas (my mom complains that I'm too easy to shop for, lol), so they've declared it a house-warming gift, lol. Thank you, Mom and Dad!!!
Speaking of house-warming...if you haven't noticed, we're finally moving into our own place!!! Tomorrow after I get off of work, we're going to sign the lease, and begin moving our stuff in:) We will probably spend Friday evening moving the big stuff, like our sofas (yay!), recliner (woot!), bed, and bookshelves. Then Saturday we'll begin moving boxes. That way, when we unpack the boxes, all the big stuff is already in place, so we can put the little stuff where it goes:) It should be a pretty smooth move:) We're very excited about finally having our own place. We will definitely post pictures of our new little home:)
Well, that's about it for now...lol, thanks for reading!

No comments: